Sunday, March 05, 2006

Time Out For Some Prose


It was one of those perfect late afternoons, just before nightfall, the sunset leaving russet swirls that lingered hauntingly on the tops of lampposts and parked cars. I could feel the edges of a soft welcome breeze against my hair, a rarity in the dry Texas climate this time of year. I jingled my keys. The sound was somehow reassuring in the empty quiet of the ending day. It was time to head home.

Crossing the parking lot, I found myself humming a familiar melody, one I had known since my youth. It expressed a fond desire, of wishing I was a cooked luncheon meat, tubular in shape, with a man’s name. It was what I truly wished to be. Even without words, the lingering melody expressed a wish for love. Of love from - and though it was never stated, for - everyone, in all the world.

Shabbat Shalom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shifra said...

What I'd truly like to be...ROFL!
OMG this whole blog is hillarious and dead on!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Mirty said...

... everyone would be in love with me!...

It's a great song, and perhaps about more than just weiners.

LOL!!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home