Sunday, March 05, 2006

Yee Ha!

As you may know, I live in Texas. One thing that seems to set this part of the country apart is how many people seem to have pickup trucks and cowboy boots. As someone who still considers myself a recent transfer from the East no matter how long I’ve lived here, I don’t know much about trucks or boots; so I resisted their, to me, foreign charms.

Until recently. Now I’m thinking I might reconsider.

As far as I can tell, there are a few qualities to look for when choosing a pair of boots or a truck:

  • Heel height (for boots)
  • Wheel height (for trucks)
  • Coloring and detail of embroidery (boots)
  • Whether it comes in red (pretty much either, unless you are a man, in which case most people think the boots would look “girly.”)

My husband, Ted, who is more pragmatic, only looks for one thing in a pair of boots or a truck, which is where to put his gun rack. This makes him much more of a Texan than I am, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger wishiwerejack said...

Placement of the gun rack is important.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home